through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Absence of Fear

"Absence Of Fear"

Inside my skin there is this space
It twists and turns
It bleeds and aches
Inside my heart there's an empty room
It's waiting for lightning
It's waiting for you
And I am wanting
And I am needing you here
Inside the absence of fear
Muscle and sinew
Velvet and stone
This vessel is haunted
It creaks and moans
My bones call to you
In their separate skin
I make myself translucent
To let you in, for
I am wanting
And I am needing of you here
Inside the absence of fear
there is this hunger
This restlessness inside of me
and it knows that you're no stranger
you're my gravity
My hands will adore you through all darkness aim
They will lay you out in moonlight
And reinvent your name
For I am wanting you
And I am needing you here
I need you near
Inside the absence of fear



It's almost December again! Time for Christmas. It's going to be a white, white Christmas. The snow is getting just a *bit* much for my liking. When i was heading off for classes early - *ehuuurrrrrly* (can you just FEEL the superhuman effort in that word? yeah, thought so.) - today it was absolutely freezing. I usually like snow because it's all white and pretty and it makes everything. go. very. very. quiet. And snowflakes! who doesnt like them? And it reminds me of skiing, always. Which I love but am completely no good at. It's fun crashing into people, somersaulting and falling with a satisfying THUMP on a snow drift, provided you don't break anything. Bruises I can handle just fine =) Today it wasn't soft fluffy beanies-with-poms-poms snow.
It was hail-pretending-to-be-snow, driving-in-your-face snow. I-need-a-ski-mask-NOW-because-my-fashionable-newsboy-hat-just-won't-do snow.

I love Christmas carols, especially the quietly, joyously triumphant ones. And why shouldn't they be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!