meet the (crazy) relatives
So K met my scary clan (all.. I don't know, 30 of them under two roofs) tonight -
As he waves bye to his parents and sister, who dropped him off, through my grandmother's gates:
"I feel like.... first day of kindergarten now. Maybe I should be crying."
During the ordeal:
"All I have to do is sit here and smile beatifically, right?"
Then later, when I walk him out:
"Your relatives... they're like the Kazakh village in Borat."
But on the plus side:
"Wah. I've NEVER gotten this many angpows during Chinese New Year lor."
Think me, plus my mum, high on alcohol, times 30. Yah, I definitely know where I got my crazy-talkative genes from.
As he waves bye to his parents and sister, who dropped him off, through my grandmother's gates:
"I feel like.... first day of kindergarten now. Maybe I should be crying."
During the ordeal:
"All I have to do is sit here and smile beatifically, right?"
Then later, when I walk him out:
"Your relatives... they're like the Kazakh village in Borat."
But on the plus side:
"Wah. I've NEVER gotten this many angpows during Chinese New Year lor."
Think me, plus my mum, high on alcohol, times 30. Yah, I definitely know where I got my crazy-talkative genes from.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home