Mum was in an awesomely belligerent mood today.
It's funny, the way rage, directionless and inexplicable, is spent. She spends the better part of the afternoon nagging and nagging and nagging and turning my dad into the twitchy, grouchy creature glowering behind the newspapers and then starts making perversely ominous predictions about his impending mental breakdown to me -
"I tell you, there is something wrong with your father. Are you listening to me?!"
"Yes, ma."
"LOOK at him. Just look at how sick and unhappy he looks!"
"I think that's because you've been yelling at him all afternoon, ma."
"You're blaming me? Why does this whole family blame me for everything? Do you know what would happen to all of you if I were to die, huh?"
And so on. There's just no winning lor (and so being the coward I am I ran off and had cake with siau at siglap, yay).
It's funny, the way rage, directionless and inexplicable, is spent. She spends the better part of the afternoon nagging and nagging and nagging and turning my dad into the twitchy, grouchy creature glowering behind the newspapers and then starts making perversely ominous predictions about his impending mental breakdown to me -
"I tell you, there is something wrong with your father. Are you listening to me?!"
"Yes, ma."
"LOOK at him. Just look at how sick and unhappy he looks!"
"I think that's because you've been yelling at him all afternoon, ma."
"You're blaming me? Why does this whole family blame me for everything? Do you know what would happen to all of you if I were to die, huh?"
And so on. There's just no winning lor (and so being the coward I am I ran off and had cake with siau at siglap, yay).

5 Comments:
soon we can be partners in escapism and meet for cake at siglap. x
er. too many people with temperamental mothers.. I have no idea who you are ;) call me.
oh wait. I know. yes yes yes. let's :)
more like too many temperamental mothers with offspring
so much for darwinian evolution
is menopause. mine got angry with the whole world for a week after we came back from vacation. it was scary.
Post a Comment
<< Home