Oh look what I got in the mail today!
I started my day at 5pm today, which is a personal "best". even for me!
And I woke up feeling like I insanely *needed* pancakes - doesn't everyone feel that way when they wake up in the morning? except it wasn't morning.
So I made these:

I also think I have an identity crisis:
I have friends who send me lovely pretty things which are, shall we say, whimsical and cute but perhaps a wee bit *stage whispers* infantile.
But hey! Many thanks to Joni and Hanna who sent me this lovely package! (Oh and joni dearie, when you said 'blue round package' I thought just that - blue round package. Red with blue writing does not in any way constitute blue round package! :P)
That's red, right? and it opened up to reveal a promisingly sophisticated interior:
Alas, that was not to be... upon undoing the silver ribbon I found this:
But hey, Carebears are fantabulous!!! And the cup looks great side by side with the previous present Joni sent me ;)
TADA! A train! With sweet nibbles inside! That actually moves! What a 22year old reasonably intelligent and mature grad school student could want more is beyond me, honestly. But in all seriousness, big MUAKS to Joni :) At least I know I can always go teach in a kindergarten if MOE fires me. ha.Or I could pass them on to my future kids. Very useful intergenerational gifts these are!
Juxtaposed against that, however, are other gifts I get which are, shall we say, not of a very infantile nature at all.
Exhibit 1:
Meet Mike, my very own grow-a-boyfriend.
Put him in water and watch him grow to his full size (all of SIX FLOPPY INCHES, up from the desiccated 2.5) in 72 hours!! Am not trying to be crude. He really does grow to a floppy six inches. And he has a damn ugly face. Actually I wonder if I leave him in the bathtub for ten years he might become a full size man.
Check out the definition in those abs, man.Exhibit 2:
Sorry, Yingxiang, you had this coming ;)For the sheltered and unschooled among you, you too can partake of the marvellous works of Anais Nin! check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anais_Nin
I've heard Delta of Venus is good. Shh.. don't let the MICA people find out!
Exhibit 3:
A late Christmas/New Year's card that includes the phrase:
"Enclosed is one spell for your lover of Lebanese descent"
Exhibit 4:
The bright flourescent pink, very foxy fishnet stockings that Liying, Paul and Hotboy got for me for my 20th birthday which coincidentally came in very useful when I had to dress up as a Parisian prostitute (don't ask).
--------
See what I mean?! Identity crisis!!
That's all the random faffing for now. Stay tuned for more of my time-wasting antics.
p.s. To Victoria's Secret: Please stop sending me tons of catalogues with impossibly beautiful and booby tall skinny tanned scantily-clad women screaming SALE SALE SALE, no matter how much The Roommate likes your catalogues because damn, my bank account cannot take this.
p.p.s. To Time magazine: Damn you for stealing one and a half precious hours from me today. Plus, your coverage of Martin Luther King Jr. totally rocks.
p.p.p.s. US Post, you suck! Where are the Kenneth Coles I ordered all of THREE days ago?!

2 Comments:
What identity crisis? I do see the common denominator in your gifts though - sex. And just in case you still think the care bear cup doesn't fit? it's a metaphor for men. Blue round box = they aren't really what you thought they were. Sophisticated giftwrapping - You peel off a layer and you start getting high hopes, but let's face it it's because there's still some mystery left in them and you don't really know what they're about. When you get to know them inside out - they're just infantile. Elaborate what other positive, chicken-soup epiphanies you like from that but i'll stop here...
ooh wasn't that awfully clever? i'm revelling in my cleverness.
-YX
wow. so crever!! I'm impressed ;)
these days, everyone's man-hating streak is coming out.. i wonder why.
Post a Comment
<< Home