at the grand bazaar in Istanbul ...
customer: Oh look - something shiny! I wonder how much it costs.
shopkeeper: This.. ah, sir, is reserved for someone else.
customer: It looks nice... let me just look at it a bit more.
shopkeeper: But sir, I cannot sell it to you.
customer: I just want to look. Can't one look?
shopkeeper: Well. Do you want to buy it?
customer: How much does it cost?
shopkeeper: $100. That's how much the customer who reserved it was going to pay.
customer: Ah. that's.. interesting. Let me think about it a bit.
shopkeeper: Sir, I have other customers to attend to. You have to decide. Do you want it or not?
customer: Hmmmm.
shopkeeper: Sir, i must insist that you make your intentions clear.
customer: Well. it's quite nice. But a bit too much to pay for.
shopkeeper: That's what it's worth.
customer: It's a pity. I can't afford that.
shopkeeper: Oh. well.. Since you seem genuinely interested.. I guess i could give you a discount.
customer: Hmm. Really?
shopkeeper: Yes, a small one.
customer: Let me think about it...
shopkeeper: How about $90?
customer: Hmm.
shopkeeper: Sir?
customer: I'm considering. Actually, you know what? I don't think i'll take it.
shopkeeper: But why? Wait, $80?
customer: No no, I don't think so.
shopkeeper: You want it cheaper? Sir, I cannot sell it to you any cheaper.
customer: That's ok. You keep it.
shopkeeper: But sir - i thought you wanted it!
customer: I've changed my mind.
shopkeeper: We can negotiate, how about that?
customer: No, man, you don't understand, I've changed my mind.
shopkeeper: But what's wrong?
customer: Nothing. I've just changed my mind.
shopkeeper: But why?
customer: I just have. No why's. I have to go. Look, why don't you sell it to your original customer?
shopkeeper: I don't know if he's coming any time soon. Sir? This is a good discount!
customer: Naaah. I don't think it's for me. Bye now!
shopkeeper: Sir! Sir! Come back! $70??
-------------------
I'm completely useless when it comes to bargaining. Always have been, always will be.
shopkeeper: This.. ah, sir, is reserved for someone else.
customer: It looks nice... let me just look at it a bit more.
shopkeeper: But sir, I cannot sell it to you.
customer: I just want to look. Can't one look?
shopkeeper: Well. Do you want to buy it?
customer: How much does it cost?
shopkeeper: $100. That's how much the customer who reserved it was going to pay.
customer: Ah. that's.. interesting. Let me think about it a bit.
shopkeeper: Sir, I have other customers to attend to. You have to decide. Do you want it or not?
customer: Hmmmm.
shopkeeper: Sir, i must insist that you make your intentions clear.
customer: Well. it's quite nice. But a bit too much to pay for.
shopkeeper: That's what it's worth.
customer: It's a pity. I can't afford that.
shopkeeper: Oh. well.. Since you seem genuinely interested.. I guess i could give you a discount.
customer: Hmm. Really?
shopkeeper: Yes, a small one.
customer: Let me think about it...
shopkeeper: How about $90?
customer: Hmm.
shopkeeper: Sir?
customer: I'm considering. Actually, you know what? I don't think i'll take it.
shopkeeper: But why? Wait, $80?
customer: No no, I don't think so.
shopkeeper: You want it cheaper? Sir, I cannot sell it to you any cheaper.
customer: That's ok. You keep it.
shopkeeper: But sir - i thought you wanted it!
customer: I've changed my mind.
shopkeeper: We can negotiate, how about that?
customer: No, man, you don't understand, I've changed my mind.
shopkeeper: But what's wrong?
customer: Nothing. I've just changed my mind.
shopkeeper: But why?
customer: I just have. No why's. I have to go. Look, why don't you sell it to your original customer?
shopkeeper: I don't know if he's coming any time soon. Sir? This is a good discount!
customer: Naaah. I don't think it's for me. Bye now!
shopkeeper: Sir! Sir! Come back! $70??
-------------------
I'm completely useless when it comes to bargaining. Always have been, always will be.

1 Comments:
"shopkeeper: Sir, i must insist that you make your intentions clear."
That line is so damn funny, even leaving aside the qn of whether he really called you "sir"...
Post a Comment
<< Home