Yesterday evening I brought my parents down to church for a special evangelistic service and my dad went up during the altar call at the end. I'm not entirely sure if he realises what he's done (that wouldn't be a first :P PLUS I went up three years ago somewhat in a muddle too.. this muddle-headedness runs in the family I fear) because my mum basically cajoled him to go up by saying something to the effect of, 'Go up lah, go and pray that your worries will be taken away, it works one!' And so he did, and according to the church workers, he said the sinner's prayer. I don't really know about the mechanics of conversion and I know even less of what's going on in his heart/head (but he definitely doesn't realise the import of what he'd just done because I started crying and he just stared at me, clearly gobsmacked) but he did look happy (happier than he's looked in ages), and seems a lot less resistant to the idea of going to church on Sunday.
For all that I thank God, and I pray that in the days ahead my parents will continue to attend church regularly, and also the alpha course I'm going to sign them up for. Prayers for my family would be much appreciated!! :)
For all that I thank God, and I pray that in the days ahead my parents will continue to attend church regularly, and also the alpha course I'm going to sign them up for. Prayers for my family would be much appreciated!! :)

1 Comments:
Wow, that's great! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home