through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, June 10, 2007

On wednesday evening I was emcee at paul's wedding. Things I remember from the night:
1) the ballroom was damn, damn cold (since i've lost weight - stupid braces - i've been very shivery),
2) nat, pam and i behaved very badly at our table (giggling, tossing prawns around, hiding by the doors to beat everyone else to the dessert buffet...),
3) my co-emcee was shorter than I, and knew my ex-dunman-classmate-turned-Cantopop-singer jiaxin from Project Superstar (unbelievable how small the world is),
4) the bride (xueli) was so radiantly beautiful (i think conventional wisdom is right for once, one is most beautiful on one's wedding day), and -
5) the look of simple, unembarrassed joy on paul's face during the toast.

I've known you for 3+ years, buddy, and i've never once seen that expression on your face. It's wonderful, it's humbling, and I am so happy for you both =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

THANK YOU FOR BEING OUR M.C.!!!!

I always knew you'd come in handy one day.. haha!

Anyway, when you and P and J are next free, X and I want to throw a little thank-you dinner for you guys

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!