through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

space tastes of the amazement which is hope



now winging selves sing sweetly, while ghosts(there
and here)of snow cringe;dazed an earth shakes sleep
out of her brightening mind:now everywhere
space tastes of the amazement which is hope

gone are those hugest hours of dark and cold
when blood and flesh to inexistence bow
(all that was doubtful's certain,timid's bold;
old's youthful and reluctant's eager now)

anywhere upward somethings yearn and stir
piercing a tangled wrack of wishless known:
nothing is like this keen(who breathes us)air
immortal with the fragrance of begin

winter is over - now(for me and you,
darling!)life's star prances the blinding blue

e.e. cummings


Spring is my favourite time of the year, when the flowers seem to burst forth overnight in a riot of colour and life. I remember my very first spring in England, when I was living in North Court in Emma. I remember looking out the window one morning and realising with a joyous little hiccup that the big old tree in the courtyard was - so suddenly! - a colour it hadn't been for the past five months. It was such an ancient, gnarled, worn thing - but each spring its leaves were as tender and fresh and green and dewy as though the world, and everything in it, was being gilded in the golden light of morning for the very first time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

splendid! where did you get the picture from? (:

1:17 PM  
Blogger leah said...

I protest! How come every time I post a picture that people think is nice the next question is invariably, "where did you get it from?" Or, "you didn't take it yourself, did you?"
I TOOK IT :P

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more pictures
less words

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!