Cooking is fun :)

Cooking is rather fun, especially when you have work you are trying to avoid doing :) I just tried doing bacon wrapped garlic asparagus tonight. It's very yummy and really easy to do (I mean, I managed) - that's one of the best things about having an oven, you just chuck stuff in and wait!
You mince the garlic, chop up some parsley, and fry both in some olive oil or butter. Break the tough ends off the asparagus, chop them in half, and lay 4 - 5 stalks in the centre of each strip of bacon. Drizzle the garlic oil over the bacon and asparagus, wrap up the bacon around the stalks and secure with a toothpick. Plunk the bundles on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, then bake it at 400degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes.
and - voila! I've decided that grilled bacon is one of the bestest things on earth. it's savoury and crisp, while the asparagus is delicately sweet and slightly crunchy. very nice.
It makes a good - and sophisticated - appetiser, particularly if you drop the bacon and use smoked salmon instead.
Ok I am done being domestic. Political islam awaits!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home