me sick :(
I have a cold! Time to start whining.
But actually, what I wanted to say was - for a while now I've been trying to get rid of the use of certain words - meant pejoratively - in my writing, e.g. spastic, retarded, stupid, idiotic, dumb-ass etc. because, you know. But - so how do I express myself when I really DO mean to say that a person, a system, something that's happened is, shall we say, intellectually-challenged?
One can be racist, sexist, fattist, stupid-ist and so many other -ists.
Gabriel suggested that everytime I want to express displeasure and dissatisfaction with something I use the word 'asshole' or variants like 'asshat', other forms like 'assholic', instead.
I bet once I start doing that suddenly there will be groups of people advocating for the right of the ass to not be verbally abused. Sigh.
But actually, what I wanted to say was - for a while now I've been trying to get rid of the use of certain words - meant pejoratively - in my writing, e.g. spastic, retarded, stupid, idiotic, dumb-ass etc. because, you know. But - so how do I express myself when I really DO mean to say that a person, a system, something that's happened is, shall we say, intellectually-challenged?
One can be racist, sexist, fattist, stupid-ist and so many other -ists.
Gabriel suggested that everytime I want to express displeasure and dissatisfaction with something I use the word 'asshole' or variants like 'asshat', other forms like 'assholic', instead.
I bet once I start doing that suddenly there will be groups of people advocating for the right of the ass to not be verbally abused. Sigh.

2 Comments:
About the use of words.
Use less.
Less bytes, less depletion of non-rewable resources used to make the storage of blogs.
s car red chin: your inability to spell has unfortunately revealed your true identity. also: your single-minded determination to make me use less words.
Post a Comment
<< Home