a sign!
A sign.
It's like the time I stared out of the mottled glasspanes of my first year room in North Court, watching threads of cottony rain disappear into the misty, mossy ground. I was feeling upset and terribly lonesome for some forgotten reason, and for no particular reason I remembered what I was always told growing up in my Catholic primary school - that each and everyone of us has a guardian angel that sits on our shoulder, watching over us (I always thought of mine as wee Tinkerbell).
I looked down at the window sill, and lo and behold, there lay a small white feather, glowing at me in the most unreasonably pristine, perfect manner in the grey, ghostly light of a wintry morn.
You know what they say about angels, right?
It was the same today, though it probably makes no sense whatsoever to anyone beside myself.
As I hurry out of the Widener a girl brushes past me on the way out, a book clutched in her arms - The God of Small Things. I look up, catch her eye, and she smiles.
As I walk past the undergraduate dorms in the Yard for the first time since I've been here I hear the light silver tinkle of bells, the same lilting, winsome, twinkly notes I heard everyday growing up.
The same lingering tinkle in "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".
Every tinkle a prayer in the wind.
Thank You :)
It's like the time I stared out of the mottled glasspanes of my first year room in North Court, watching threads of cottony rain disappear into the misty, mossy ground. I was feeling upset and terribly lonesome for some forgotten reason, and for no particular reason I remembered what I was always told growing up in my Catholic primary school - that each and everyone of us has a guardian angel that sits on our shoulder, watching over us (I always thought of mine as wee Tinkerbell).
I looked down at the window sill, and lo and behold, there lay a small white feather, glowing at me in the most unreasonably pristine, perfect manner in the grey, ghostly light of a wintry morn.
You know what they say about angels, right?
It was the same today, though it probably makes no sense whatsoever to anyone beside myself.
As I hurry out of the Widener a girl brushes past me on the way out, a book clutched in her arms - The God of Small Things. I look up, catch her eye, and she smiles.
As I walk past the undergraduate dorms in the Yard for the first time since I've been here I hear the light silver tinkle of bells, the same lilting, winsome, twinkly notes I heard everyday growing up.
The same lingering tinkle in "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".
Every tinkle a prayer in the wind.
Thank You :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home