it's very tempting
.. to take the easy way out, go with the flow, submit my name and rest secure in the knowledge that I'll end up in a job with lots of good support from and rapport with my colleagues (including the amusing 'white men brigade' of Sowden, Purvis, and Reeves) , little admin shit to do, looks good on my CV, and excites me with the intellect and potential that daily surrounds me. Today my old RJC geog teachers came to 'sell' RJ because they're fairly desperate for a geog tutor there (apparently RJ has such a bad name that no NIE people want to go there.. muahaha.) My NIE geog tutor said, 'Eh Leah, your geog tutors from RJ coming in five minutes to sell RJ. They'll want you!' Ms Law and Eric Lee walk in and go, 'Leah!' And all my classmates go, 'Eh this one your job!'
Huh. I know most of the JCs are desperate - they're starting to flood my mailbox. But somehow something doesn't feel right. I don't know, but God seems to be telling me to just leave myself to the devices of the good people in MOE. I want to go to a neighbourhood secondary school, I think. My mum's totally exasperated with me - "why can't you just make life easier for yourself for once?!"
I really don't know. But life isn't about taking the easiest, most comfortable and natural way out, is it? Otherwise I might as well spend my life in bed, sleeping and reading. That's really the most comfortable and natural way to live, in my opinion.
To quote Bernard: "Some of the best hours of my life have been spent sleeping". It's true! :)
Huh. I know most of the JCs are desperate - they're starting to flood my mailbox. But somehow something doesn't feel right. I don't know, but God seems to be telling me to just leave myself to the devices of the good people in MOE. I want to go to a neighbourhood secondary school, I think. My mum's totally exasperated with me - "why can't you just make life easier for yourself for once?!"
I really don't know. But life isn't about taking the easiest, most comfortable and natural way out, is it? Otherwise I might as well spend my life in bed, sleeping and reading. That's really the most comfortable and natural way to live, in my opinion.
To quote Bernard: "Some of the best hours of my life have been spent sleeping". It's true! :)

2 Comments:
When in doubt, follow the peace. Sit right down, SHUT OFF YOUR REASONING BRAIN and just focus on where the peace of God leads you. Wherever it is, i know you will be such a huge blessing my dear! That which is diamond always shines.
some ppl fret endlessly over predestination/free-will and feel guilty for anything they do, lest it disrespect [unknown] sensitivities of a predestinator.
knowing that, however, doesn't make making a choice any easier, does it? nor will the following...
1) there could be no 'wrong' answer.. and don't let 'sub-optimal, relative to unknown info' be approximated to 'wrong' - it's not
2) there's nothing wrong with an apparently less burdensome path, if it frees up resources for meaningful goals (ie, eternal)... just as there's nothing wrong with being calculative and reward-seeking, if the rewards sought lie on the right side of death.
(clue: we're left-winged at the moment)
I'm just saying that the poor man who doesn't follow Christ isn't actually materially ((intended)) better off than camel who can't get his fat ass through the eye of the needle.
Post a Comment
<< Home