through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Friday, July 20, 2007

Just a cute word, 'tis all :) of course one needs yet another word for trinket. This one's cuter than 'bauble', too!

bibelot \BEE-buh-loh\, noun:
A small decorative object without practical utility; a trinket.

My church is involved in the 24/7 prayer chain and I was told, leah, you pray for segment 5a fr 7.15 to 7.30pm today. So I went, orh, ok, and scrolled down the prayer booklet -

Hmm praying for church leaders, youth, parents, renewal and revival.. hmm.. yah.. our nation... hmm yah... segment 5a... AAAAAAAHHHH.

5A2) CABINET

PM & Minister for Finance

Lee Hsien Loong

SM

Goh Chok Tong

MM

Lee Kuan Yew

Deputy PM, Coordinating Minister for National Security & Ministry for Law

Prof S Jayakumar

Deputy PM & Minister for Home Affairs

Wong Kan Seng

Minister for Foreign Affairs

George Yong-Boon YEO

Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts

Dr Lee Boon Yang

Minister for National Development

Mah Bow Tan

Minister, PM’s office

Lim Boon Heng

Minister for Trade & Industry

Lim Hng Kiang

Minister for Defence

Teo Chee Hean

Minister, PM’s Office

Lim Swee Say

Minister for the Environment & Water Resource & Minister in-charge of Muslim Affairs

Dr Yaacob Ibrahim

Minister for Health

Khaw Boon Wah

Minister for Education & Second Minister for Finance

Tharman Shanmugaratnam

Minister for Manpower & Second Minister for Defence

Ng Eng Hen

Minister for Community Development, Youth & Sports & Second Minister for Information, Communications & the Arts

Vivian Balakrishnan

Minister for Transport & Second Minister for Foreign Affairs

Raymond Lim Siang Keat


Oh, dear God. If this is your way of making sure I FINALLY commit to memory the people who run our country (and deprive Kenneth of the pleasure of calling me 'the kind who knows all about Zimbabwe but nothing about her own country') then, ok lor.... But there are a number of individuals on that list I in all honesty don't think I can pray for.

So yes, I will be hiding in a quiet corner of Adam Road Hawker Centre (aka the toilet) praying for our dear CABINET.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!