the list so far this year...
This is what you do when you're terribly sleepy and have 20min to while away before the next class.
The books I've read so far this year (in order by month):
1) Essays in Love (Alain de Botton)
2) On Beauty (Zadie Smith)
3) Charlotte's Web (E. B. White)
4) Collected Poems (E. E. Cummings)
5) Freakonomics (Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt)
6) Collected Poems (Philip Larkin)
7) The Sound and the Fury (William Faulkner)
8) The Problem of Pain (C. S. Lewis)
9) Collected Poems (Edna St. Vincent Millay)
10) Brideshead Revisited (Evelyn Waugh)
11) Ariel and Other Poems (Sylvia Plath)
12) We were the Mulvaneys (Joyce Carol Oates)
13) If No One Speaks of Remarkable Things (Jon McGregor)
14) Fragile Things (Neil Gaiman)
15) Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden) (IN CHINESE!!)
16) Notes from Underground (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
17) Essays of E. B. White (E. B. White)
18) Guns, Germs and Steel (Jared Diamond)
19) Dancing for Joy (collection of poems, Roger Housden ed.)
20) The Plague (Albert Camus)
The started-but-goodness-knows-when-I'll-finish:
1) One Dimensional Man (Herbert Marcuse)
2) Midnight's Children (Salman Rushdie)
3) The Famished Road (Ben Okri)
4) Collected Poems (William Butler Yeats)
Fastest read: Notes from Underground (1 day)
Slowest read: Memoirs of a Geisha (4 months - and I still don't think I fully understood it, must get hold of the English version. Yes, am embarrassingly monolingual, but hey, I am trying to sort that out by learning, ah, French :P)
The books I've read so far this year (in order by month):
1) Essays in Love (Alain de Botton)
2) On Beauty (Zadie Smith)
3) Charlotte's Web (E. B. White)
4) Collected Poems (E. E. Cummings)
5) Freakonomics (Stephen Dubner and Steven Levitt)
6) Collected Poems (Philip Larkin)
7) The Sound and the Fury (William Faulkner)
8) The Problem of Pain (C. S. Lewis)
9) Collected Poems (Edna St. Vincent Millay)
10) Brideshead Revisited (Evelyn Waugh)
11) Ariel and Other Poems (Sylvia Plath)
12) We were the Mulvaneys (Joyce Carol Oates)
13) If No One Speaks of Remarkable Things (Jon McGregor)
14) Fragile Things (Neil Gaiman)
15) Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden) (IN CHINESE!!)
16) Notes from Underground (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
17) Essays of E. B. White (E. B. White)
18) Guns, Germs and Steel (Jared Diamond)
19) Dancing for Joy (collection of poems, Roger Housden ed.)
20) The Plague (Albert Camus)
The started-but-goodness-knows-when-I'll-finish:
1) One Dimensional Man (Herbert Marcuse)
2) Midnight's Children (Salman Rushdie)
3) The Famished Road (Ben Okri)
4) Collected Poems (William Butler Yeats)
Fastest read: Notes from Underground (1 day)
Slowest read: Memoirs of a Geisha (4 months - and I still don't think I fully understood it, must get hold of the English version. Yes, am embarrassingly monolingual, but hey, I am trying to sort that out by learning, ah, French :P)

1 Comments:
wow leah!! that's a pretty impressive list :) hey if u like camus try reading "the stranger" (l'etranger). it's pretty good :)
Post a Comment
<< Home