through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mexico rocks!

2 weeks, a blotchy tan, many pairs of new earrings, two poetry anthologies, much spicy food, some excellent , albeit unorthodox, dental work and numerous bizarre male encounters later, I am back from Mexico :)



"I Thank You God For Most This Amazing"
i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any - lifted from the no
of all nothing - human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

e. e. cummings
Sorry I didn't get a card to you in time, Yann Kai - this poem is dedicated to you. I think it ranks right up there with Pied Beauty. I hope it makes you smile and praise Him like I did. Human merely being, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!