Moneylessness sucks... kinda.
I have just found out that I owe my roommate a hulking USD765 for rent last September. Also, that my lease ends at the end of JUNE, not May ( I graduate start of June), as I'd thought. AND that PSC is not paying for June's rent. Where that extra money (all USD 1500 of it) is going to come from I have no idea.
But - nothing like worrying about money to make one stop moping for no particular reason (which is what I've been doing for the past week...in Peishan's very eloquent words: "Eh, you're the kind who goes, 'Oh look! A tree!' and starts crying, right?") and realise that there are so many things in the world that I could be, but am not, for which I should be, but am not, immensely and always thankful for:
Not Homeless.
Not Ill.
Not Friendless.
Not Illiterate.
Not Orphaned.
Not Unemployed.
and most importantly -
Not Alone. Not Hopeless. Not Unloved.

4 Comments:
hello leah! *HUG* excellent poem lish! :)
more tree poetry:
TREES
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
-- Joyce Kilmer
haha i love how you guys are NOT responding to the main theme of my entry - my utter and complete lack of moolah. love the tree poems though! :)
p.s. I know I said I'm broke. But I just found this lovely, lovely old set of hardcover leatherbound books on "the world's great thinkers" in the harvard bookstore basement (aka leah's bank account's nemesis) - there's four of them and they go:
Man and Spirit - the Speculative Philosophers
Man and Man - the Social Philosophers
Man and the State - the Political Philosophers
Man and the Universe - the Philosophy of Science
I feel like I've just acquired a single and exhaustive repository of Western thought for $20. Now, *that's* a deal :) I will eat grass until I graduate...
Oh believe you me, I've tried. This is when they go AWWWW.. and say, that's really too bad, this is when you're meant to, as a bright young thing, take some initiative to look for a solution! Which I've done by putting up an ad on craig's list to sublet. Fingers crossed someone will take the place, and everything will be ok. No lah, not THAT broke yet... I think the CF can put its money to better use than fund little ol' me.
Post a Comment
<< Home