through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, September 09, 2007

In a moment of extreme clarity I have come to realise a very important fact that I have somehow managed to overlook all these years - that God has blessed me so incredibly abundantly in so many areas, that He has brought me so far and opened so many doors for me, that He has helped me find favour with so many people and picked up my pieces for me time after time for one simple reason. And that is to put me in the position and stead to do good for others, for His glory. With that recognisation comes the incredibly reassuring and boistering knowledge that all things that are possible in Him, for Him. Every moment is a gift from Him, and ought to be lived for Him. There is no excuse for inaction, no time to waste on half-baked attempts at rationalising.

Life really is one long lesson in humility. And things get so much better when I take my eyes off my wretched, grasping self - and just give of myself fully, lovingly to the people that God has placed around me.
While bearing in mind, of course, that nothing I can ever do for Christ can act as a substitute for a life of obedience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!