through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

K booked out on monday morning so we spent half the day traipsing around town. It felt strange - but wonderful - to be shopping on a rather quiet orchard road at 10.30am on a weekday. For all the times I've complained about my teaching job and how I earn peanuts and get no respect etc etc., the fact remains that having the freedom and ability to spend time with a loved one on a sunny weekday morning, trying on perfume and looking for earrings and white shirts and dawdling over dimsum, is something really quite priceless. I said to him, 'Don't you thank God I don't have a proper job?' And he went, 'Yes! I do!' :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!