through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

At which point?


At which point, I ask myself, did looking into the genial diffused light coming out of strangers' windows start to evoke such a deeply felt pang of want and envy?
At which point did it start becoming a wistful, fantastical game of tale-spinning and make-believe?
At which point did every desire, every proclivity, every dependence and sweet attachment start feeling like a burden, a liability, an aching vein of susceptibility?


At which point, I ask myself, did I start living for the past that I cannot change, and the future that I cannot foretell?

Tonight the warmly caressing air is soft with whispers, and memories, and dreams.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photo say it all... but life is interesting, things can be unexpected

9:39 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Leah said: "At which point, I ask myself, did I start living for the past that I cannot change, and the future that I cannot foretell?"

But some people say life is the now, and the setting (targets?) routes for tomorrow. But tomorrow shall be what shall be.

PS - I only took that small piece, but the whole poem is great! - Q

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!