through a glass, darkly

Always there is a black spot in our sunshine: It is the Shadow of Ourselves.

Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, May 25, 2006

there are fewer bad nuts in the world than it seems. REALLY.

Hee hee. Something funny to share:

Yesterday, because I was in town and had 45 spare minutes before dinner with Herme I decided to pop over to the ed school library and check my email - and... of ALL places to get picked up by weird men with both an Asian AND a foot fetish!

So I'm sitting there with my shoes off curled up on my seat - I'm very unhygienic like that, I take my shoes off at the first chance I get because I like being barefoot. What? I'm not weird, ok? - and this guy comes and stands beside me and stares at my feet. Like, STARES.

Strange guy: "Those must be freezing."
Me: "Sorry?"
Strange guy: "Your toes."
Me: "Oh." Long silence "Er, they're fine, actually. It's not cold today."
Strange guy: "It's pretty cold.. I've got my ski socks and shoes on! Where are you from, Alaska?"
Me: *Funny funny. I'm sure the people in Alaska are all yellow skinned and slitty eyed, like me. I can totally tell from the way you're looking at me that you have YELLOW FEVER. Gross.* Erm. I'm from Singapore.
Strange guy: Oh, I would love to visit Singapore. What is it like? Hot?
Me: *Oh no, oh no please don't visit. You Creep.* Urm. Yes, it is hot.
Strange guy: How hot? Do people walk around in bathing suits? Hot enough to walk around naked?
Me: *AAAAAAHHHH get me outta here!*

10 agonising minutes and two slimy handshakes *yuck yuck YUCK* later it finally ends with him running off with my email address. I suck!!!!

So today I was recounting this whole episode to Diana, and she goes, what's his name?
Errol, I say. Her eyes get very wide. Ya, it's an uncommon name. E-R-R-O-L.

She starts shaking and laughing uncontrollably. I wonder for a moment if she is possibly slightly deranged, or perhaps having a fit. Er, Diana?

"OH MY GOD YOU MET ERROL?! He's the guy I told you about!!!"

Huh? OH. HAAAAAAAAAAH.

Turns out he's this weird guy in her acapella group who has also tried to pick her up, and she'd told me about him months ago. I mean, how many baldy bespectacled sleazy asian fetish harvard teaching fellows can there be in one little town, right? the world is so small.. but hey, at least this means there aren't THAT many bad nuts around.. just one or two very active ones going around giving the human race a bad name, tis all :) Diana's going to send him a snide email now - 'Oh I hear you met my friend Leah... ;) ' (subtext: who freaked out about you to me because she thought you were - are - a total disgusting slimy CREEP!)

Muahaha.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gave him your email address?
like, the real deal?
you are such an idiot!
hey, if you need a travel agent to get him a ticket to singapore as well, I can recommend one in Boston.
No need to recommend a place for him to stay in Singapore cos you'd prob throw that in as well, eh?

11:59 PM  
Blogger leah said...

eh! no i would NOT offer accommodation. Am not THAT daft. i have been known to turn down overzealous creepy types ok? i'm just not very good at the face-to-face rejection thing. I always have the option of ignoring his emails... which as it stands is just what i need to do right now. and who ARE you??

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...
i can't believe this thread makes me come visit Leah's blog!

Well, technically not the blog itself.. hahaha...

"jealous admirer" are you from Cambridge?

Leah you gotta stop leading guys on!!

Apologies to jealous admirer if you're a girl

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who the heck is 7nVd?

No apologies necessary. I'm something of a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

*wink*
leah.
heh heh heh

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps it is because many playboys are really just a few, each being a slightly different variant catered to the audience
=)
Jealous Admirer seems to be gone now... think Leah's somehow shut him off.

You should know who I am ;)
Just need to change your point of view

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!